Alamosa County, Colorado
Location of Colorado:
Location of Alamosa County in Colorado:
Alamosa County is one of the 64 counties of the U.S. state of Colorado. As of the 2010 census, the population was 15,445. The county seat is Alamosa. The county name is the Spanish language word for a “grove of cottonwood trees.”
For more information on Alamosa County, click here.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 723 square miles (1,870 km2), of which 723 square miles (1,870 km2) is land and 0.7 square miles (1.8 km2) (0.1%) is water.
- Saguache County, Colorado– north
- Huerfano County, Colorado– east
- Costilla County, Colorado– southeast
- Conejos County, Colorado– southwest
- Rio Grande County, Colorado– west
National protected area
Other protected areas
- Alamosa National Wildlife Refuge
- Great Sand Dunes Wilderness
- Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge
- Rio Grande National Forest
- San Luis State Park
- Sangre de Cristo Wilderness
Alamosa is served by San Luis Valley Regional Airport. The only commercial service is to Denver.
For information regarding property taxes in Alamosa County, click here.